Apple Jack’s Law of the Land
Safety Notice and Disclaimer
To keep everyone safe and happy, when you are on Apple Jack’s Adventure Farm land you must abide by these rules carefully.
Children 15 years of age and under must be supervised by a PARENT or GUARDIAN throughout each activity
The rules can also be downloaded and viewed from this link Doc HS1 Rev 17-10-2 - Apple Jacks Law of the Land.
Additional information can also be viewed on our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) page.
- KEEP AWAY from all FENCES and BARRIERS on the farm and all HOT SURFACES in food outlets. These areas are OUT OF BOUNDS.
- Be aware of others around you and avoid colliding with them.
- DISRUPTIVE BEHAVIOUR will not be tolerated, and those involved in or encouraging such behaviour could be asked to leave the site.
You must be competent in the following skills BEFORE you take part in skating:
- Able to hold good balance when on roller skates.
- Control movement and direction of at speed.
- Be able to stop safely under full control.
- Be able to control a fall.
- Be aware of others around and avoid collisions.
- Participants are asked to wear LONG SLEEVES down to the wrists throughout the activity. We strongly advise the use of personal protection equipment which is available to hire.
WARNING: This activity is NOT suitable for children aged 6 years and under. Children aged 7-16 must be supervised by a PARENT or GUARDIAN throughout the activity.Follow the instructions given by the operator.
- Only one rider is allowed on each seat.
- You must be able to hold onto the zip wire seat tightly with both hands and prepare for a sudden stop at the end.
- Running and/or push starts are forbidden.
- Take care when dismounting from your zip wire ride seat and prevent them swinging.
Hay Bale Mountain
-- All children taking part in this activity must be supervised by a PARENT or GUARDIAN throughout the activity.
-- Parents / guardians should not allow children in their care aged 6 and under to go any higher than the first layer of hay bales.
-- Parents / carers should assist people in their care when climbing on and off the bales.
- This is a CLIMBING ACTIVITY
- DO NOT JUMP from any level of the Hay Bale Mountain.
- DO NOT SOMERSAULT from any level of the Hay Bale Mountain.
- DO NOT PUSH other guests off any of the hay bales.
- DO NOT COLLIDE with other guests, otherwise you could be asked to leave.
- NEVER PULL STRAW out of the bales.
- NO NAKED FLAMES or lit cigarettes allowed around the Hay Bale Mountain.
- Take care when exiting the Hay Bale Mountain and area. Climb down carefully and exit the area carefully.
WARNING: Minors over 15 years of age and adults MUST NOT jump on the pillow.
- Please give priority to younger children.
- Supervising adults are advised to assist young children to access and exit the pillow.
- DO NOT jump on the blue area of the pillow.
- DO NOT jump when near to other people.
- NO RUNNING, NO SLIDING, NO TURNING SOMERSAULTS on the jumping pillow.
WARNING. Children 5 years and under are not allowed on the Drop Slide.
- Follow the instructions given by the operator.
- Remember to cross your arms with your right hand on your left shoulder, and your left hand on your right shoulder. Hold this position until you exit the Drop Slide.
- Participants are advised to wear LONG SLEEVES down to the wrists throughout this activity.
WARNING: This activity is suitable only for participants physically able to withstand heavy contact with the large ball and able to control a fall onto a soft surface.
- Follow the instructions given by the operator.
- NO JUMPING, NO SOMERSAULTS
- Take care when exiting The Eliminator
The proprietors will not accept responsibility for any incidents or accidents that occur as a result of failure to comply with all guidelines and verbal instructions given.
No responsibility will be accepted for loss of clothing or belongings.
Suitable activities for those aged 4 and under include: the sandpit, a small inflatable, a play area, and the tip topper ball-drop (light plastic balls). Children 4 and under are able to participate in some of the other activities, if not restricted by age, and if accompanied by an older suitable person responsible for the safety of the toddler.
As our activities are physically demanding, younger children may find it difficult to take part in activities such as Archery.
DOGS AND OTHER PETS
This is a working farm therefore no dogs or other pets are allowed on the property (except for registered guide dogs).
CLOTHING AND OTHER PROPERTY
Apple Jacks Adventure Park cannot be held responsible for loss or damage to any personal belongings or lost property whatsoever.
A copy of the Risk Assessment can be viewed at the entrance to the Adventure Farm. If you are planning a group visit and require a copy of the Risk Assessment in advance please use the contact form on the website to provide information and request a copy.
OPEN WATER DANGER
Apple Jacks does have a small amount of open water at the park. However, any open water is off the beaten track and not within the boundaries of the adventure park. Parents and Guardians must accompany small children at all times.
On site vehicle use is kept to an absolute minimum when the park is open to members of the public. If the need arises to bring a vehicle on site, speed restrictions are reduced to walking pace and all vehicles will put on its hazard warning lights and will be provided with a walking escort.
We always have at least 1 trained first aider on duty at all times. More are on duty on busier days. Please note, we are only equipped to treat minor injuries and our staff cannot administer tablets, creams or medicines.